So far, living indoors hasn’t been the picture of comfort and ease that we had imagined. Go figure. 😉
So, here’s the story:
We spent Monday shopping and moving. We needed to buy things like trash cans, cleaning products and a good vacuum with a HEPA filter. Then we went back to the ranch and Brett did the laundry while I gave Ramona a bath and packed up the van. When we were all ready we drove back to the apartment to unload. Then Brett went back to the ranch to get the rest of our stuff while I stayed behind to vacuum all the carpets. It was a crazy day but I did great. I didn’t notice any increase in symptoms.
I slept really well that night and woke up ready to face the day. Tackling the laundry was my first task. We had ordered a small portable washing machine that my mold avoidance mentor, Sara Mattson, recommended. She’s had one for a few months now and hasn’t had any problems with mold growing in it. I was excited to experience the luxury of a machine that washes the clothes for me!
Unfortunately, I was unable to get the machine to work. I wasted hours and hours messing around with it. I asked Brett to help me but he couldn’t figure it out either. I was so frustrated that I lost all my motivation and went to sit down. I wasted time until I finally decided to pull myself together and try again. Still no luck. Eventually, we just gave up and decided to do the laundry by hand in the bathtub. It wasn’t the best feeling to get to the end of the day and realize that I had expended a lot of energy without making any meaningful progress. Ugh!
This morning Brett called the washing machine company and finally figured out how to get it to work but the worst was still to come. Ramona discovered a leak under the kitchen sink while we were getting the washing machine hooked up. I couldn’t believe it!
We saw her licking the pipes (gross!) and noticed that her ears were all wet. Sure enough, the pipe was leaking and the tile underneath the sink was wet. Even the drywall was starting to get wet. We tried really hard not to panic and called maintenance immediately. A leak was bound to happen eventually. We just didn’t expect it to happen so soon!
I decided to do the laundry in the bathtub while we waited a few hours for the maintenance man to come. When he arrived, he got to work only to have to call someone else for help. I guess something went wrong while he was fixing it. The other man came in to help and they got it all fixed up.
At least that’s what we thought… until we turned on the faucet to do the dishes. One spot was still leaking! Luckily, Brett was able to fix it and I am happy to announce that, as of right now, the pipe is no longer leaking. Let’s hope it stays that way and that the wall dries out quickly.
By the way, Brett and I made a beautiful PDF of my favorite resources for suffering souls. I created the content and he made it look fancy with his superduper graphic design skills. It’s available for free to my email subscribers. Click here to sign up and receive 5 Resources for the Suffering Soul.